Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, well i got bad D last night and i noticed something weird, there was quite a lot of black in there, and i associatye that with bad kidneys! is this crazy?? help

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh thats weird im sure ive read it in lots of places, strange.im not sure what peptobismal is, iv eheard of it but never taken it so im not sure. i had had D the week before and taken entrocalm (like another immodium thing) and hadnt been to the loo much since then until the other day when i got bad D and saw the black. is peptobismal like another type of entrocalm?if not is there any other reason that that would be caused?thank you for your help

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and lolly field, yeah i thought maybe it might be that but i cant think of anything ive eaten to make it like that, nothing that i dont usually eat, its hard to remember though!thank you too

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have to take 325 mgs of iron a day, which gives me C like no other, so I don't take it every day. But when I have the D I will take it more often to help put me back to the C. Well anyway, it turns my stool black. The more I take it the darker it gets. Are you taking an iron supplement?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi lee'sbabe, no im not taking iron supplements, im not taking anything last thing i took was a couple of doses of anti spasmodics because i was going to start on them again but i didnt end up carrying them on

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Is it still dark, did you eat and candy or cerel with food coloring?Have you contacted a doc?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont know i havent been as yet but i took a flaxseed oil tablets after dinner so hopefully i will find out tomorow, im not sure what to think if its normal though, i mean the black only showed up in the D and the rest had been normal as normal can be for me before that.i havent contacted the doctor its a bit difficult as im still registered with a doc where i used to live and have just moved away so i dont even know what surgery to go to to register herei was reading about that GI bleeding thing earlier and that got me freaked out though especially since i cant associate it with my diet, i cant think of anything i wouldnt normally eat that i have done

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Sophie 22- Pepto Bismol (or whatever is the equivalent by you & Imodium automatically turn your stool black. If you take Pepto Bismol liquid by mouth0your tongue will turn black! My Doc told me that & everyone I know who takes either one happens to them too. See what goes-bet you that's what it is. Have you had a colonoscopy? Except for "****" you drink nite before- not a bad procedure. Take care-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.