Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took three home preg tests and found them all to be positive.. when I went to the doc I took a test there and it turned out to be negative. My doc said that thier is such thing as a chemical pregnancy and that I had to go back in 2 weeks if I still had'nt gotten my period. I'm so worried now that it's gonna come that i keep checking any little cramp I freak out about. My husband and I are so excited to have a baby but I'm so scared that it's gonna turn out to be nothing. How am I supposed to know if this is really real? Just needed to vent.. thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did they do a urine test or a blood test at the doctor? The first time I was pregnant I was very worried and I had cramps just like I was going to have my period. My ibsD started around a month or so after I got pregnant to although I did not know it was ibs at the time. I had the same feeling that I was going to get my period and would go to the bathroom all the time to check. I finally calmed down at about ten weeks and I had a healthy overdue baby that wieghed ten lbs four oz even though I had d all the time lol. You should check out www.babycenter.com. You can put in the day you started your last period and it will give a due date if you became pregnant and tell you what is happening each week and what symtoms you could be having. Maybe you could cross refernce how you are feeling with what it says would be happening this week if you are pregnant. I hope you the best of luck Selena

·
Registered
927 Posts
Before I knew I was pregnant, I suspected it...but then I started getting cramps and they were worse than my typical menstral cramps...and my breasts hurt and felt heavy. When I started with the cramps, I was relieved (the pregnancy wasn't initially planned) but it was the same day I came home with the pregnancy test so I figured I would take it. It was positive. Then of course I worried the cramps meant something was wrong. Nope, just things stretching and moving to make way for baby. Early Symptoms of Pregnancy... http://www2.vhihealthe.com/topic/2061

·
Registered
439 Posts
Try to relax and ride the wave until you have a positive answer. Don't worry about the light cramps, they are normal in early pregnancy. These ladies give sound advice here. Of course we are all mommies.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't worry. Cramping is very normal in early pregnancy, I had it with all three. Get a blood test, if you haven't already. I think that is the best indicator. Hang in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys thanks for all your answers... I just went in for a second test and it was positive... i'm about 7 weeks pregnant and really excited... Just hoping everything will turn out ok... thanks again

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is really great that you are pregnant, It is a really amazing experience having your first baby. Pamper yourself and take lots of naps lol. Congratulations and good luck, Selena

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually my doc told me not to take prenatal vitamins... but I was sooo tired so I bought some anyways... they are walmart brand but I checked them against the other brands and it seems to have bought the same amounts. I noticed my IBS was really not acting up until I started taking the vitamins though so I might have to switch brands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts