Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i lost some weight and i dont really know how, i put it down to stress because i was in the centre of the unknown with my symptoms and didnt know the problem.I did suffer from alot of nausea but still continued to eat properly as i know it will do me no good not to..Apart from taking the Klean prep for one day this week (for a procedure that was cancelled) i have eaten as per usual, three times daily, healthy wholesome meals... yet i still continue to lose weight...its getting quite low.. recently ive been having quite severe night fevers that turn into cold sweats do you think this can be linked?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you added up the calories you are eating and compared that to the number of calories someone your age, weight and activity level needs.I can make 3 healthy meals a day that will drop weight on anybody because they only have the calories a day of a strict weight loss diet and if I do it right you will think you are eating a lot more calories than you really are. I can also mae 3 healthy meals a day that have more than enough calories to make anyone gain weight."healthy" doesn't mean you get the right number of calories. Especially if "healthy" means you are reducing fats and starchy carbs and eating a lot of high volume low calorie foods (most of the things people call healthy tend to be lower in calories, but not all of them are).If your healthy diet doesn't have enough you will lose weight no matter how healthy it is. If you are dropping lots of weight when eating many more calories than you need, you need to keep a record of that, show it to your doctor with your weight records taken at the same time. IBS won't cause dramatic weight loss with a high calorie diet but other things can.I would also talk to the doctor about the night sweats as those are not typical of IBS and could be part of something else that could be going on. Now for females that are underweight they can muck up your cycle and hormone issues can cause some pretty severe night sweats/hot flashes in even a healthy female. But this is the kind of thing that may need to be checked out to see what is going on to cause it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My diet hasnt changed really for quite a few years (i was the same weight for many years its just recently its dropped conciderably), recently i ate slightly less when i was really nauseated (stll full meals), but i returned when the nausea subsided, i keep food journals anyway and my calorie intake hasnt decreased (Dr said that what i was eating was healthy and varied). and my exercise is almost nothing as ive not been out that much because my vasovagal episodes have affected my day-day lifeIve aways been very cautious when it comes to food and like to make sure i eat enough and often.Ive always had problems with my cycle and hot flashes, but the night sweats are so much worse, usually my pjs are drenched and my hair and skin soaking.Ive got my procedure on tuesday for colonoscopy and endoscopy i think i will bring these symtoms up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also continue to lose weight because I can't eat foods with alot of fat or fiber. I have also become lactose intolerant....small amounts are OK. I eat alot but what I eat isn't what I need to eat to put weight on me. My doctor has told me that I will end up in the hospital if I lose anymore weight. It's frustrating and scary and I try to find more foods that I can tolerate so that my IBS doesn't cause me anymore problems than it already does. I've had IBS for a year and feel like my whole life has been stolen from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.