Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hope everyones feeling good i need a bit of advice im a big worrier and i tihnk thats what started off my IBS but recently ive had exams and some things happening at home whitch has made me worry even more but its making me really ill i feel really sick and just usally run off to the loo because i feel that made i also worry over the really small things that dont matter does anyone know how i can relax and stop worrying thanks

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
EM, sorry to hear your not feeling well.Worry is anxiety and you treat worry as you would treat anxiety.There are many ways to do this and the bb here has a ton of info on it.Read this thread carefully.http://ibsgroup.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/43110261/m/97910261When we react negatively to worry and anxiety it causes us to feel ill and physcially triggers our IBS. But you can do very positive things for this that really help.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi em,I'm an excessive worrier also. I take anti-depressants that really help. I just had my meds adjusted about a month or so ago, because my anxiety was so bad the D wouldn't stop. I was sick all the time. I'm also learning different methods of controlling my stress and anxiety that really seem to be helping. (at least it has in the past few weeks.)Work on controlling the stress and the anxiety if you can. I know it's easier said than done, I've been there. But I've learned some great breathing techniques that help relax my stomach muscles and I'm going to stay positive that it continues to work. My IBS is by no means gone, but I can do something to control it's frequency. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you. Medication isn't always for everyone.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi em sorry your a bit pissed off, its hard when you have ibs not to be anything but pissed off, i was for a few yrs before i was told i had it, now i take every day as it comes, i try and listen to some soft music when i feel down.. cheer up, youll feel better soon im sure

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi lee'sbabe and joolie, since you both know how helpful your relaxation methods are to you have either of you considered Mike's IBS Audio Program?Not to leave you out em, the rest of my comments are for everyone.I am only on day 38 of the program but I am beginning to make a lot of progress. I no longer feel any signs of depression, my anxiety is way way down and my daily D is improving. I still go about the same number of times but they are no longer as urgent or explosive and my stools if you can call them that have gone from almost all liquid to loose/soft with very little liquid. BTW, I am not on any meds or supps for IBS. I was trying another anti-depresent a couple months ago, but like everything else I have tried so far the side effects out weighed what little if any help I got.I am sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I have not felt this good in the 19+ years of IBS-D and I just feel like jumping up and down and telling the world.Robby

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi robby i have a tape my councellor gave me, i find it does help, i have not listened to all of it but i will at some point..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi everyone thanks for all your replies im defently going to look into them and im feeling much more chilled today proberly cuz its a sunday lol so thanks again everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts