Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to get IBS D every day after first big meal every day. A big enough pain! Then I went to Mexico and the last night I was there, I got food poisoning (bad stomach cramps and D all night)after eating an awful buffet at a 5 star hotel.
Ever since then ( it's been quite a while) IBS D has been much worse. I will even have to run to the bathroom after dinner every night many times and that never happened before! What do you think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't had food poisoning but whenever I catch the stomach flu ( fairly common as I have three little kids!) I notice that I have diarrhea much longer than anyone else in the house; I know that I don't have the actual bug anymore but it seems like the illness is carried on by the ibs (or the ibs is aggravated but the bug, however you want to put it, it's really the same difference) eventually it returns to my "normal" diarrhea, but it does take a while. Hang in there, I'm fairly certain that is what you're going through!

G

·
Molly2512Sorry to hear you got sick in Mexico. Do you think it might be possible that you picked up a parasite in Mexico? I have been so lucky when I go to Mexico as I've heard of so many people that get sick. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I developed IBS after getting a parasite probably after eating from the same vendor twice in one week in Puerto Vallarta almost two years ago. My gastroenterologist called it post-dysentery IBS. I still have episodes where my stomach gets bloated and hurts along with lower back ache. It's not much fun, but I still keep going to Mexico every year!

·
Registered
37 Posts
HiyaI went to Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) last year and me and my boyfriend both got food poisoning (again, a 5* hotel....
) i had v bad stomach cramps and they lasted for around 4 months afterwards. My tummy hasnt really been the same since (i couldnt eat wheat before the holiday - now i have probs with wheat, milk, spices, rice etc
)I was diagnosed with IBS 3 months ago and when i told my doc about Mexico she laughed (
) and said that i prob had IBS beforehand but that the holiday made it ALOT worse.. aaargh! That was my first far-flung holiday and i have to say we do laugh about it now (my boyf had no further probs) but i dunno if i would go back to Mexico - im too scared!!Take careJulie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.