Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's strange, a lot of the time, my ibs is worse when sitting or standing...i could understand sitting (everything squished together), but why standing?when i'm lying down and then go to get up, it feels like there's something pushing down on my stomach...hard to explain.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know why, but I seem to feel a little relief when sitting down. My best position during an episode it lying down with my head raised with about 3-4 pillows. Couldn't even begin to explain why. Carly

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pacing helps me, if not that I lie on my back perfectly straight. Got me on this one, I think when standing the muscles get pulled more downward, but thats the only logical sense I can think of. raven

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the cramping and discomfort depends on the moment..depends on where the gas buildup is for me....i sleep great on my back at night, have probs sleeping on my sides sometimes. during the day i try to keep a 45 degree angle just like the 3 pillows thing....when standing, sometimes i feel like nerves on my right side are being tugged on if i move in certain ways...all depending on my last meal, stress level and position..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have this big beautiful bed, and I sleep on the couch! When I sleep on the couch I sleep on my back and I wake up with very little pain. If I sleep in my bed I end up sleeping on my stomach, which gives me terrible pain in the morning due to the chronic pain in my neck and back, along with pain from my ibs, so for the past two years I have slept on the couch. It can be hard on ones sex life, but my husband of 26 years understands my pain and discomfort. We do still have our rondevouz when I'm having a good day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.