Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-d for a while now and have been taking Xanax and Paxil CR for the anxiety I get when I need to leave home and take the train. Well today, i needed to go to Manhattan for a doctor's visit and I felt sick on the train ride. On top of this the train had some mechanical problems and got stuck in the middle of the tunnel and to make a long story short I did not make it to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed and angry that this happended to me, its the thing I have been afraid of. This happened today and I still feel terrible. I told my wife and we cried together. I am so glad that I have a wonderful wife to support me but I now feel more afraid than ever to leave the house. Thanks for listening I just needed to let this out.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Paxil cause D isn't it?That's why i don't like public transportation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aw hon, just try to keep your head up even though its hard. I often wonder if 90% of my IBS is social anxiety. I went shopping today by myself and the whole time I was in stores I felt like every lady there was judging me. Okay it sounds more like paranoia so I don't know but I do know each time I would go into the dressing room a rush of relief would come over me and my heart would be racing. I didn't get to shop long because this eventually had me urgently needing the bathroom too. Its so hard to have a syndrome like this and you feel so alone and misunderstood. I'll pray for you. Sometimes all I have is God. Not even my husband believes me. My doctor has told him what I have is very real, but he still thinks its all in my head. It hurts till I cry sometimes. Just keep your head up. IT was an accident...not a purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.