Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this would work or not, I mean I've heard people recommending physical therapy for pelvic floor problems before. I just don't know what kind of treatments they use for it. I really believe I have pelvic floor problems, i'm thinking that the muscles contract at inopportune times, like if I'm at work or something, I will get these contractions that are strong, giving me that annoying urge to go. There are other incidents that make me think that too. Anyway, what I'm asking is, would this device help the pelvic floor muscles? It's a portable ultrasound device. At 3mhz it reaches deep into the muscles that regular massagers can get to. It's great for muscle tension. here's a closed ebay auction of the device; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5548496934&rd=1 I would like an opinion on whether it would help or not. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I may have had something like that used on my back, I don't know that you could get it to work on the pelvic floor or not. And I don't know if the urge is pelvic floor or rectal (smooth) muscle. Or how that would effect things.When the did the balloon up the but manometry it doesn't effect the pelvic floor, just the rectum, and the urgency I felt esp on the Pre clinical trial when the IBS was bad was pretty unreal.K.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Why don't you give this a try for one month to see if it help.And if it dosen't work,maybe you can ask for a money back garentee.I think it can be very interesting to stimulate the inner smooth muscles.On the lower back especially and the front low bowel.You can also contact a pelvic floor clinic if you want a clear idea of what is going on down there.If you click on -link- above the screen,you will find a clinical trial section where they test the Biofeedback therapy for IBS.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had biofeedback/physical therapy for pelvic floor and we didn't use anything like that. Actually, here's the link to my biofeedback thread - it has all the info I could put here. Personally, I wouldn't get it. There are other and better machines out there that cost less. http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...c;f=27;t=002012

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses, guys. I read all the messages on that thread anm, and it was very informative. I think maybe I will put some money away and buy one of those biofeedback machines, my problem is having too tight of a sphincter. Maybe that's why the muscles contract at odd times?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.