Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't suffer from D regularly, normally more C, but the last few days I've been going several times a day. This morning I was feeling better, so stupidly decided to have a small soy latte (caffeine isn't normally a problem for me) which has messed up my stomach again. Without meaning to be gross, my stools aren't loose/watery, just soft. Would just going a lot more than normal warrant taking imodium? I'm careful not to use it often, I've only used it twice since being diagnosed several months ago. It's really disrupted my day, I feel awful and now am worried to stray too far from the toilet, but am worried that this doesn't count as D and that taking imodium will just mess things up further! IBS is the biggest nightmare ever. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The problem if you tend to C is that you will overly constipated yourself with the Imodium especially if you are just soft (rather than loose or watery)You might try some pepto bismol as it tends to be a lot less constipating per tablet so you might be able to find a just enough dose more easily.However there isn't anything dangerous about a lot of soft stool, and you may be just clearing out from the last bit of constipation and blocking yourself up again will just make the cycle continue. May be better (if you can) to just ride this out then make sure you don't get constipated again with either adjusting fiber and water consumption or adding a bit of an osmotic laxative (like a small dose of magnesium oxide) to keep things moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.