Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for reading this. My new doctor just gave me a scrip for this med, Xifaxan, and admits she doesn't know much about it. I have IBS-C and chronic C. Last year my PCP gave this to me and it helped me more than any of the meds I had tried. Only problem is this new PCP isn't sure of the dosage for me. I'm in my 60s and know most of you are young folks but am hoping maybe some of you know of a situation involving an old gal like myself who has taken this. Thank you kindly! AnnahD

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Did you ask for this drug or did they just prescribe it to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was given this med, Xifaxan, last year by my previous (PCP) internist. She didn't specify what my problem was then but my symptoms are the same. My new PCP, also and internist, called me last evening (after I had called her office for advise as to what to do when I was unable to tolerate Velnorm and Librax) and she and I discussed my bout last year. She then decided to prescribe the Xifaxan. Thanks for the link. I will peruse it shortly. Blessings, AnnahD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.