Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just wanted to post this little positive note.I went to the movies today for the first time in MONTHS! Since my doc gave me Lomotil, I have regained some of my life.I took one today a little more than an hour before leaving home and no Diarrhea! Yay! I actually got to sit and watch the whole movie with no interuptions.This was a major breakthrough for me, last time I went to the movies, I had Diarrhea for more than an hour before leaving home and had to dash twice while there. (That was pre Lomotil)Thank goodness I finally convinced my doc that I really do have IBS. I am so buoyed by today's experience that I am planning to go again in a couple of weeks.I may yet regain the courage to visit friends who live an hours drive away.I am so happy to have regained some of what my IBS has cost me in the past.Take heart everyone, that while there may not yet be a cure, there are medications that can help, and I hope you will gain the benefits I have too.

G

·
Good for you, Sabriel! Thank you for sharing your "success" story.You wrote:"Take heart everyone, that while there may not yet be a cure, there are medications that can help, and I hope you will gain the benefits I have too."Excellent !!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
sabriel, congradulations and you can do it. There are many ways to help you manage this and get a grip on it and enjoy life.
In may take small steps at first, but they get easier.You might want to look into Dr Bolens book, "Breaking the bonds of IBS, which can help a great deal with your situation and CBT towards our thoughts and emotions an actions, IBS and symptoms which all play a role to a physical gut problem. Just FYIAgain way to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.