Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else out there have this sympton? Lots of times when my D is real bad I will have a yellow or orange fluid come with my bowel movements and there is hardly anything solid with them. This is on days when the urgency is at its worst and I am the most pain.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Those may be days when you are dumping more bile into your GI tract than you can absorb, especially since you don't ahve a gall bladder.You might look at how much fat is in your diet, more fat=more bile produced.Check out LNAPE's Calcium threads as well as she had this same sort of issues and treats it with OTC calcium supplements.Prescription-wise you might talk to the doctor about Questran or its relatives. They bind bile and can be used for both post-gall bladder removal diarrhea and IBS-D.K.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
bdc724,If you email me I will send you the info on calcium that may help you with your diarrhea and bile problem as it has helped me and many others. You can read the posts above and I would be glad to help you if you like.Linda

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
jplaney,It may be that you gall bladder is not functioning properly and this may be the reason for the yellow bile diarrhea. The calcium can still help in this case also.Linda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.