Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scheduled for my 3rd endoscopy next week. Yeah!
At least it's not as bad as the colonoscopy and I have an excuse to sleep the rest of the day

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Well, good luck! If it's any consolation, just the other day, I scheduled my third endoscopy too (but I'm much older than you). Bleeaaahhh. What has been wrong with you in the past....have you had reflux problems or something?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, not any that I notice, but I was diagnosed with esophagenal reflux. It never bothers me. The doctor said that pain is mobile, something maybe be hurting in my stomach, but I feel it in my gut...Anyway- this time he wants to check for a certain type of bacteria... starts with an H... can remember.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are you thinking of H. Pylori?I had that back in '99. I had an upper endoscopy last February. I've been having a lot of pain in the last few months and can't seem to tolerate the meds needed like Protonix and Nexium. My new doctor said he wouldn't scope me because I just had one. With all of this pain I thought that it might be worth checking out but he disagrees. I've lost 9 pounds in the last month and a half because of this pain. Ugh!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am beginning to think I need another one. I hate tests so I don't want to mention it to my GI but I wonder if all this pain I have--IF it is infact acid reflux and none of the reflux meds have helped me--has eaten my esophagus up or something?That really worries me. I don't want Barretts or whatever that is called.(sigh)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know... I took prevacid and it never helped. What really helped me when I have reflux is an OTC med called Gaviscon. Strange becuase it's not perscription strenght, but it works great.It foams up like a marshmellow after you chew it up and coats the whole way down. I even use it for IBS symptoms...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts