Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been D-free for over 10 years; but I still have some problems with consistency (soft stools), often with some urgency. Usually between 9 and 11 AM I will have 2-3 movements and then I am done for the day. Normally I try to get them done before launching into any activity too far from a public washroom. Over the past couple of months I have begun practicing yoga once a week for 90 minutes a class at a time that is smack in the middle of my normal bowel period. Perhaps it is just a coincidence (but I don't believe in co-incidences with IBS), but I have not had a bowel movement during any class, so far. Does this make sense to any others who practice this?Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark,Although I am the master of running with straight legs, I have never had that worrying urgency to go whilst running, playing football or, as you say, doing Yoga. I have never "had an accident" and despite worrying about being caught short, I have never had to pull-off the motorway desperate for the toilet and have never woken up feeling that I must get to the toilet.Although I felt that my D is controlling me, it never happens when there isn't a toilet in the immediate vicinity. So there is some control there - I guess I am lucky in that respect. And presumably you are too?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts