Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any relief from bloating etc from doing yoga? I've been hearing recently that it can really help with digestion and constipation but haven't tried it for myself. Maybe worth a shot?

G

·
i've been doing yoga for about 8 months now. i don't know if it necessarily pinpoints digestion or constipation, but like any exercise, it will help get things moving if you've been sitting around. what i've found is the best thing about it, is that it really is refreshing and makes me feel more focused and relaxed--and that helps my ibs more than the actual exercise. although exercise helps too!i only have one piece of advice--if you try some yoga, go to a real yoga studio, not some crappy class or with a video, because good yoga teachers generally know a lot about how it interacts with your body, and will know what poses help more with certain physiological problems. you'll get a lot more out of it if the teacher is really good.ok, and i have a second piece of advice, which is don't eat anything big for at least a couple hours before because all the bending and twisting is really uncomfortable when you're full or bloated. it's tolerable, but makes me feel really icky sometimes.i'd definately try it out though, and stick with it for a couple months till you get used to it, see what happens. good luck!midge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I was talking to someone lucky enough to be diagnosed with IBS really early and had a good doctor who told her about various body positions that caould help relive the pain. Unfortunately, I didn't ask her what they were and don't see her anymore. Does anyone else know about this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found this link with yoga positions for relief of constipation, bloating, and D. I haven't tried them yet, but it certainly couldn't hurt. ../news/newsletter/...105.html#events BTW, this site is based of a cookbook, Eating For IBS. I just got it from the library and the recipes look delicious. There is also a recipe exchange on the site so if you're looking for things you can eat, look it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.