Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was hoping some of you would take a minute to read over my story and let me know if it does sound like IBS. I'm currently 22, almost 3 years ago now i woke up in the middle of the night because my stomach hurt. When i took a better look it was hard and slightly puffy. I want to the emergency room...needless to say they didn't find the problem. For the first 2 years, i would be fine 50% of the time. The 50% when i was not fine i would puff up, it would appear as if i was 6 month pregnant within a matter of 10 minutes. I would get horrible pains in my lower stomach, which i describle as feeling like there is a racoon inside trying to claw its way out! I would swell from a pant size 9 to a 13. If i swell/puff for to long, it strains my back which can cause my back to pinch a nerve and i loose feeling in my legs. Over the 2 years i have had every test done and all the "bad diseases" ruled out. I had a pelvic ultrasound done about 9 months ago which showed what they believe was a ovarian cists. I cried and cried to the doctor untill they agreed to go in and remove the cist, even though they believe i would loose the overie. When the surgen got inside her found 5 "floating cluster cists" they where about the size of a golf ball individualy but a grapefruit once they had clumped all together. They where on my left side which is where i would swell the largest and had the most pain. Over the year before this i also found that i am having the feeling that i have to pee all the time! If i hold it in, all 9 drops i have horrible pains and swell up. After the surgery the doctor told me there was no more he could do for me but that everything elts inside me looked good. Since then, every morning i wake up in horrible pain, when i have my morning pee it feels like my stomach muscles are ripping. I feel so week its hard to het back up my stairs to my room for about 10 minutes. Since the surgery i do not swell up as often, but i hurt all the time now weather i'm swollen or not. The doctor has given me perkasets as pain killers and upon my request some anti anxiety meds for the days i'm really upset that i'm stuck in my house yet again! I have trouble with the feeling in my feet sometimes. Before i was sick i horseback rode 5 days a week, now i'm not on a horse more then 10 minutes and i'm in tears cause it hurts so bad and am unable to walk not to long after. I can no longer comfortable be intimate with my fiance, as just the motion and the pressure of someone being very carefully ontop of you hurts to badly i'm in pain for the remainder of the day and part of the next. My GI thinks i have IBS, however as i read stories i don't feel that my storie is much like those. I have no problem at all with bowel movements and i've done the high fiber thing and it didn;t change anything at all. I'm sure anyone whos been diagnosed with this has done hours and weeks or research to try en figure out what they have prior to diagnoses. If you think i do have IBS, or think i don't, of have any suggestions as to what i do have please PLEASE leave a comment, its SO hard not knowing!thank you for you thoughts and ideas!Heather

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
With the urinary issues, look up interstitial cystitis, that sounds more like the issue you have.Not sure about the feet issue, may need to see a neurologist for that, a GI doctor wouldn't really be appropriate for either the bladder issues or the feet issues. I'd probably start with a urologist for the bladder pain issues.There is chronic functional abdominal pain (the pain of IBS without stool issues) but you wouldn't have bladder symptoms, either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you drinking anything that has aspartame or splenda in it, like diet pop or ice teas , or chewing gum with sorbital , all of these can give you an irritated bladder and abdominal pain , my sister had terrible bladder pain until she eliminated citrus , keep a food journal and remember you can react up to 48 hrs later after you ate , in the meantime try a little baking soda in water , it will remove some of the acidity in your urine and your void will be less painful , hope this helps, also watch out for MSG , it comes under a lot of names and can create a lot of pain , try to eat as natural as possible , hope this helps , check out the MSG forums like " Battling the MSG Myth " you will find tons of info on the connection between bladder and aspartame , msg etc , good luck and don't get discouraged, drs do not think of asking you about your diet, it could be the key .Micheline

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feed back the IC sounds alot like what i have. As far as foods go, i've be on and off of so many different restrictions in my eat its crazy. I was cleared for the celiac disease, however i was then given a list of foods i couldn't eat and i was not aloud to chew gum. drink any pop or anything carbonated and it made no difference. If you think of anything elts please keep adding,thanks again!Heather

·
Registered
10 Posts
MY celiac panel came back normal , however I am still sensitive to grains and my doctor feels the same way , these tests are not 100 oercent accurate , if you don't think that's the problem, google fructose malabsortion australia forum , the pain I get from fructose brings me down to my knees , my esophegus spasms , upper back pain , abdominal knife like pain , bowel problems , I get tired and depressed , please check it out , doctors are just starting to become aware , there is a test that can be done also . Let me know what happens !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts