Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor put me on antibiotics because I have a bad chest cold and fluid behind the ears and she doesn't want it to turn into bronchitis which is going around alot right now. I have the generic form of this antibiotic. My question is has anyone who has ibs-d ever taken this and tolerated it ok? I am so nervouse about taking anitbiotics since alot of times their side effects are the big D. I dont need that side effect anymore than I already have it. One good thing is while Iwas in the hospital back in June I had 2 rounds of antibiotics and didn't have any issues with my ibs acting up at all. So lets hope this will turn out the same. I will be taking 500mg tonight and then 250mg for the next 5 days. Anyone have any experience with this med I have never taken it before.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ihave used Z pak beforeand it did hrrible to me I culd not handle itOf cuse every body is different andmaybe this wilnot bother you I hopenotgood luckDee

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I had loads of upset, some D but more like a brewing sensation going on in there while on it. The only advantage I had with it was that it was only 5 days I had to take it. It is THE only tolerable antibiotic I have available to me anymore. And My Dr waits til I actually HAVE an infection before he gives it to me. He doesn't use it to prevent anything. Try taking a probiotic.. that seemed to lessen the brewery sensation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts