Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need feedback from people who are or who have been on both these medications at once.The Amitiza doesn't really get things going on it's own. I have small bm's that leave me constipated. If I add the Zelnorm to the Amitiza I go 2x a day after breakfast and dinner, many times in a row, all diarrhea after the first "push."The nausea is pretty severe, sometimes it passes after I have a bm, sometimes not. I have to eat within 20 min of taking the Amitiza or I won't be able to eat for at least a couple of hours.I have syncopy (fainting) and fainted on Sun. Flat out. Doc says this is triggered by my IBS, although I'm not constipated now it's more about the movement of stool through the colon which triggers the syncopy. This is the 2nd time I've fainted since September, when I went off my self-concocted treatment of magnesium and sorbitol. I only fainted 1x in 5 years when I was using osmotic laxatives or stimulant laxatives. I don't know, it just seems like I was doing better on my own.Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks,Dana

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.