Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my wife started taking Zelnorm for IBS about 5 weeks ago. she start doing her perion and had spoting for a few day beyonf her normal cycle. Also her breast got really sore and now she is 7 day late with her new cycle. Has anyone else had menstrual changes who is taking this and do they go away or should she be concerned. Her Dr. say it should not effect her "that way" but her girlfriend said she looked it up and this medication is being use for Breast problems and can cuase ovarian cyst. That did not help, so if you have any info that will drop us a line or point us in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi,I took Zelnorm for a short time awhile back, and although I did not notice a difference in my cycle, I am also on birth control pills. However, the Zelnorm should not be affecting her cycle and she should probably go see a doctor about that. Zelnorm's side effects do not list that from what I remember. However, it's only been on the market for a bit, so there could always be different things that may not have come out yet? I'd look into that, just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts