Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you who are taking Zelnorm have any suggestions as to how to determine what dosage is appropriate for you? I've been taking half a 6mg tablet morning and evening for two weeks. Very little change in symptoms, except maybe even more bloating. And help with the bloating was one of the main reasons I wanted to try it. This dosage was recommended as a start by my GI.He also said I'd need to play with it some to find the optimal dosage for my symptoms. I'd read that less was often better than more, so I'm in a quandry as to whether to double up on the amount or try even less.Any experience or suggestions gratefully appreciated! (I double posted this on the Zelnorm board, but thought more folks would see it here.)

·
Registered
919 Posts
1/2 the dosage did nothing for me. The full 6 mg helped my bloating and also my pain, but did nothing for my C. I didn't care too much as C isn't as hellish when it isn't accompanied by pain and bloating. Now though it does absolutely nothing for me.I have been blabbing on and on..on the boards lately about Slippery Elm. I cannot say enough good things about it. The best thing is it has helped with bloating as it relieves my trapped gas. I definitely say try adjusting the Zelnorm...but if all else fails maybe give the Slippery Elm a thought.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on your experience. I'd just changed to taking a full tablet once in the evening, but with no noticable difference as yet. Starting tomorrow, I'll take two a day ... one morning and one night. So glad to hear that it stopped your bloating. That's one of the main reasons I decided to try it. Sure hope it kicks in soon! And I'll look harder to see if I can find some slippery elm. I'll try almost anything!!Linda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.