Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking Zelnorm for 2 months, it's finally working
At first it didn't do nothing so the doctor upped my dosage from 2 a day to 4 a day. I take 2 first thing in the morning and 2 more at bedtime. And it's working!!! Going almost every day went I get up and it's great
Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
165 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! It's such a wonderful feeling to have relief. I'm glad that you stuck it out and didn't stop taking the medicine. So many stop when they don't get immediate results. You are a good example why people should stick it out. Good for you!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Linda - if it took 2 months for Zelnorm to finally start working for you, what did you do in the meantime? I've been on it for 2 weeks now and I can't see that it's helping much. Should I stick with it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Zelnorm worked for me after a week. THen I stopped eating right (lotsa fiber) and it has decreased in effectiveness. IT's all good though, it still work MIRACLES for me! Like now I go at least every other day instead of every 3 weeks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
WHOO Zelnorm just started working for me too, after taking it twice a day for 3 weeks!I wanted to reaffirm what I think it was Linda told me in a different discussion board -- TAKE ZELNORM ON A COMPLETELY EMPTY STOMACH. The directions said "shortly before a meal," which I took to mean about 15 minutes. But I took her advice and started taking it and then waiting -- which is annoying. Usually if I wake up an hour or 2 before my alarm is going off in the morning, I'll take it then and go back to sleep. Then, I find that I have a BM right after breakfast! It's amazing! I haven't needed Miralax in a while, and it's working even though I haven't been eating well (brats and cheese curds this weekend -- I had to, it was Memorial Day in Wisconsin!).About the nightly dose, I've actually skipped it a lot of times because I haven't had an empty stomach (I'm a big nibbler). It does work better if I can find a spot to take the nightly dose, but it works without too.So good luck everyone, and tell everyone you know -- ZELNORM ON A SUPER-
EMPTY STOAMCH!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Linda_in_NJ:Kotel, for men I'm not even sure it works. But I had to take it for at least 4 weeks for it to start working. Good luck
I can verify. I'm a male (age 38) and Zelnorm is really not working that great for me. I admit, though, that I don't take the full dosage... reason being is that I get really bad D for about 2 to 4 hours after I take it. It's hard to be on a public desk when you have to go running off to the bathroom every few minutes because of this nasty side effect. Funny thing, though, is that, after taking only one pill and giving it about 24 to 36 hours to wear off, I felt GREAT for about 2 weeks! (This was a couple months back.) All I took was fiber, and I felt better than I'd felt in a long time. Then, next flare-up, I took another tablet, but long-term results weren't as good that time. I took another single dose earlier this week, and had no improvement at all. In my case, stress is the problem, accompanied by a crazy schedule, which makes for a less-than-ideal diet. Also, I'm changing careers and preparing to relocate, so my body is pretty well freaked out.Linda, I'm glad Zelnorm is working for you! As for me, I think I'm going to go back to Hyoscyamine and Digestive Advantage... I think I had better results with that combo than the Zelnorm. Kotel... good luck to you, and keep us posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.