Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I responded to a post about zelnorm in the constipation forum but most there don't have the same ibs symptoms as me. What I am wondering is if Zelnorm is okay for me even if I'm not constipated? I have major bloating/gas and pain in my stomach but I do have one BM a day. The bloating/pain stays though. So would zelnorm hurt me if I sometimes get IBS D and don't even have c? I will try ANYTHING to stop the bloating and gas but I don't know if this medicine is right for me or what it will do to me if I don't have IBS C.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have IBS D and take Zelnorm. I get the bloating and gas so it really helps. I have symptoms like you where there are periods of Bad D so I will use Lomtil for that and the pain I get as well. I find that when I use them both, I get pretty regular bowel habits. I need the Zelnorm for the bloating especially because without it I can end up looking 5 month pregnant. It is really a juggling game with these meds for me to have some sort of normal function.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.