Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on miralax for a year and half now but I'm still having the same problems. I have my good days and many more bad days than good ones. I am pretty regular (except teh week before my period) and seem to go with coffee almoust every morning; however, when I go I am still bloated and feel like my BM was incomplete....I've been reading a lot about Zelnorm and how it has helped many of you with constipation problems. Does it work better tahn miralax? I would LOVE to get rid of this nasty constant bloating....I'm only 17 and I'm so tired of this. I'm going to my doctor this week to ask her about it. Also, I know it says it can only be taken for 4 to 6 weeks, but it seems like many of you have taken it longer than that? Is it okay to take it longer if it works?If my doc okays it do you think I will still take Miralax along with the zelnorm, or hopefully just the zelnorm? How long did it take for the zelnorm to work for you?any input would be appreciated!~

·
Registered
808 Posts
I take both miralax and zelnorm. Ive been on zelnorm for over a year- well over -and the miralax since oct. I still take two doses of reglan too. I feeel like a druggie but it all works! I have watery d. most of the time but its the only way i get it all out through out the day- I take miralax 3 x a day ( breakfast, dinner and bed )I ws escersing and I think it helped until I pulled a muscle in ,my leg and now am on cruthces and not moving much all day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried Miralax for over a year and found that just Zelnorm worked best for me. I have been on it for over two years and I am very happy with it. I think you just have to find what works best for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been lurking here for awhile. Today I joined. My name is Stephanie and I have IBS with Constipation. It is miserable.I also use Miralax with Zelnorm. My Gastro doc said it is ok to use both and ok to use Zelnorm long than a few weeks.I'm off to work, but will return. I am so tired of feeling so bloated, miserable, cramping, gas, abdominal pain etc.Look forward to getting to know all of you.Stephanie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.