Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading a zelnorm document and I've noticed when references are made to a studies results, they don't seem to mention the duration of the study. Is there a standard duration (like say 6 months) for a medication study?For example, they talk about studies to test carcinogenic properties of Zelnorm in animals. They say 600mg/kg p.o. (don't know what the p.o. means) induced some cancer but they don't say how long that 600mg/kg was given - unless that's what the "p.o." is for. I would think that duration would be a large factor. Can someone shed some light on this please.

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
fred, study duration depends on what aspect they are looking at. you might get some info from people who have been in studies in the zelnorm forum (5HT4) of the bulletin board. there should be a hop-to button at the bottom of your screen.tom

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
fred, study duration depends on what aspect they are looking at. you might get some info from people who have been in studies in the zelnorm forum (5HT4) of the bulletin board. there should be a hop-to button at the bottom of your screen.tom

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I believe PO is per oral. They put a tube down the throat and inject the drug in. Mice and rats cannot regurgitate so you put it in and it stays in.The standard duration for a Carcinogenisis study in Mice and Rats is 2 Years with them dosed Monday through Friday 52 weeks a year. Usually at many times the mgs that a person would get.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I believe PO is per oral. They put a tube down the throat and inject the drug in. Mice and rats cannot regurgitate so you put it in and it stays in.The standard duration for a Carcinogenisis study in Mice and Rats is 2 Years with them dosed Monday through Friday 52 weeks a year. Usually at many times the mgs that a person would get.K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.