Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just joined the site today, this is great! Anyway- just wondering- I have been on Zelnorm for about 4 months now and I have noticed that my periods are lighter and must more painful- also I have been spotting more often. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Why don't you post this on the 5HT4 forum (for Zelnorm)? You might get better responses there. I take Zelnorm but I am postmenopausal so I can't help you there but I've not heard of this before. However, that doesn't mean there couldn't be a connection. Good luck, Tiss

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Why don't you post this on the 5HT4 forum (for Zelnorm)? You might get better responses there. I take Zelnorm but I am postmenopausal so I can't help you there but I've not heard of this before. However, that doesn't mean there couldn't be a connection. Good luck, Tiss

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've taken Zelnorm for around 1 year. I haven't had any of your described problems. Actually, my periods remained the same as far as intensity and the pain has decreased. Sorry, I'm not much help other than I haven't had this happen.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've taken Zelnorm for around 1 year. I haven't had any of your described problems. Actually, my periods remained the same as far as intensity and the pain has decreased. Sorry, I'm not much help other than I haven't had this happen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My periods stopped all together when I started taking zelnorm. But I also was 50 years old when I started taking zelnorm so I don't know if it was the zelnorm or if that was going to happen anyway.But I did think it was kind of odd that my periods stopped when I started the zelnorm. It didn't seem to bother my doctor she justs thinks I must be in menopause. Karen

·
Registered
100 Posts
My periods stopped all together when I started taking zelnorm. But I also was 50 years old when I started taking zelnorm so I don't know if it was the zelnorm or if that was going to happen anyway.But I did think it was kind of odd that my periods stopped when I started the zelnorm. It didn't seem to bother my doctor she justs thinks I must be in menopause. Karen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.