Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this page, but would like to tell you that I have C- dominant IBS. I am on Zelnorm.I find that it controls my bloating very effectively, but only if I stick to an IBS diet.I am having a hard time finding out everything I can't eat. It's been so many years (3) of trial and error.I think I'm okay, and then I'll binge on chocolate or ice cream thinking that this time it'll be fine. It never is.Exercise, just a 30 minute walk per day is very helpful, as is lots of water.I take two tabs of Zelnorm per day.Sometimes I have to take Bentyl, which is an anti-spasmotic.ut it makes me sleepy.Right now the stress in my life is sky-high, so I have to be extremely careful.Great to read all the imput from you others.
JudiAnita

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am taking Zelnorm too and I also find that it does control bloating sometimes. I know what you mean...just tonight I splurged and ate chocolate and ice cream and now I'm paying for it!
I am so bloated and in so much pain
It's so hard not to eat those things because chocolate and ice cream are two of my favorite junk food items! Does anyone else find it hard not to eat junk food?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have C- dominant IBS and I'm also on Zelnorm (Tegaserod). I heard I can only take it for a few weeks, but i hope it becomes a long time medication for IBS. It has help me deal with bloating (at the first few days i was able to poopy!)though i feel dizzy sometimes.I miss cheese and ice cream very much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.