Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new so if this has been asked before, sorry.I have IBS-C. Has anyone tried to get off Zelnorm? I know it's supposed to be for short term, but I was on it 9 months - decided to try to do without it. For the first 5 weeks I was decent. Then I hit a stress bump and my system turned off. So, after 2 more weeks, I went back on Zelnorm. Since then, I've been bouncing around from great to so-so. The new info has me somewhat concerned. Anyone else been on it a long time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Evening: I have been on Zelnorm continuously for a little over a year and I dare not even consider stop taking it. A few times I unintenionally have missed a day here and there and boy do I suffer from it. All of my Doctors have said that there is no problem with me staying on the medication. The only problem is with the cost and the problems with my insurance getting it covered. I am by no means a doctor but I truly benefit from Zelnorm. I have you benefit from it also.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have only been on it a short while but it definetly helps--guess we'll all have to wait and see about the long term safety of it. The cost is killing me though. I am taking only about 1/4 of what the doc says just to conserve the pills and make them last. But even at a 1/4 dose I'm doing alot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.