Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Vere,Yes I have tried Zylax. I am a New Zealander and the product is also made here - but I discovered it on the web about 4 months ago.I notice that the manufacturers have got a post in the product and website section of this siteI have recently been diagnosed as suffering from IBS C - but have had problems for the last couple of years.I have tried a great cocktail of prescription and dietary supplements, and have found that for me anyway Zylax works the best.It is as I have been told a natural digestive enhancer, based on a digestive enzyme complex that has been extracted from kiwifruit.The theory being that a digestion system that is working as it should, will help to relieve symptoms such as Constipation, Indigestion, Gastric Reflux and even symptoms of IBS.I have to admit that I was sceptical to begin with, however I started off as recommended by taking a couple of capsules before each meal, and began to notice an effect of taking the product after 3 weeks.Again as recommended I then reduced the dosage to 1 - 2 capsules per day.As a result of taking Zylax, I am less bloated, have less pain from BM's and have pretty much regular bm's, I feel that I am evacuating my bowels completely for the first time in a long time.I am keeping on with other medications as well - and that is the beauty of Zylax. It is completely natural, and doesnt interfere with other meds.Being a natural product results do vary from person to person. You have to remember too that it is a product that is designed to enhance your digestion, so as the manufactuer puts it - it treats the cause rather than the symptoms.However by treating the cause - it at the same time provides relief from the symptoms such as Constipation, Indigestion, Gastric Reflux etc.This may not be for everyone - but it certainly works for meCheersMax

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Vere,I noticed that you started this thread, so couldnt resist having a wee look.I work for the company that manufactures Zylax, we are based in Auckland New Zealand, and you may have seen the post that I placed on the products and websites section of this site. I wont rehash all of that.However to answer your question. We conducted a small formal study on 30 people that were diagnosed as suffering from IBS, and were taking Zylax. Dr Russell Walmsley, a gastroenterologist at North Shore Hospital, here in Auckland New Zealand, carried out the study, and he found that the vast majority of people did indeed have improvement and relief from the symptoms of IBS.A summary of his findings appear below:� 100% of study participants gained relief from Diarrhoea as a result of taking Zylax� 93% of study participants gained relief from Constipation as a result of taking Zylax� 92% of study participants gained relief from Pain and Frequency of Bowel Movements as a result of taking Zylax� 91% of study participants gained relief from Pain and Looseness of Bowel Movements as a result of taking Zylax� 90% of study participants gained relief from Variable Consistency as a result of taking Zylax� 85% of study participants gained relief from Indigestion as a result of taking Zylax� 78% of study participants gained relief from Incomplete Evacuation as a result of taking Zylax� 75% of study participants gained relief from Acid Reflux as a result of taking Zylax� 67% of study participants gained relief from Mucus as a result of taking Zylax� 64% of study participants gained relief from Bloating as a result of taking ZylaxTo therefore answer your question more directly - I believe that Zylax SHOULD work on IBS-D. I cant gurantee that however. You need to remember that this is an all natural product, it is not a drug, and as such results vary from individual to individual, it really is a case of experiementation.I hope that this helps to answer your question. If you need any further information, please have a look at the post that I placed on the Products and Websites section of this site, or visit our website, the same as in your original post!If you have further queries please dont hesitate to ask and I will help if I can.Cheers David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.