Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
i didn't have D all the time. just in the early morning. i basically had loose stool--not full out D, where you had to run to the bathroom.

i took my laxatives in the evening. i would get up three hours before i had to leave for work and i would go once or twice after eating breakfast and drinking coffee. that's it. i didn't have D all the time. it wasn't a problem.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
enemas worked at first for me but then they quit working. not all the water would come out and it would slosh around inside me until i took a laxative to get it out. very unpleasant.

i think that was because my pelvic floor muscles were too tight and they didn't let all the water out. or maybe it was because of the CI.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
hmmm, that's interesting. are you talking about the small fleet enemas or the big quart size enemas.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
the fleets just work on stool in the rectum.. they are too small to get out the stool that's higher up.

i just saw your earlier post. so it sounds like you did get colored water out.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
well, an enema really liquifies your stool. much more than a laxative does.

whenever i did a bagged enema, all i passed was liquid stool. at least, that was my experience. i never passed solid stool with an enema--eben when i was impacted.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
i think stool color depends on what you've been eating... ..

about the enema you did this afternoon--well you probably had a bm this morning, right, because of the all laxatives you take? so there wouldn't be as much to come out this afternoon, i would think.

anyway---like you said, maybe enemas don't work for you. they didn't for me. all the water wouldn't come out.

· Community Manager
13,175 Posts
i googled it and they say you should hold an enema in for 5 -15 minutes.

idk for sure if they are safe to do daily or not. i've read posts from people on here who say they do that with no problems.

that would be a good question to ask your doctor, if you had a good doctor.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts